Domestic abuse practitioners can now book onto Respect's popular course, 'Groupwork with domestic abuse perpetrators: facilitator's essential skills' at a promotional rate of 30% off.
This course will increase participants’ knowledge, skills, and confidence to facilitate groupwork interventions with domestic abuse perpetrators.
We have fully reviewed this course, and are relaunching it as ‘blended’ training with two parts.
Part 1: Self-paced online learning (assessed)
This part of the training will focus on context and provide a deep understanding of perpetrator work.
- Online study and assessment will take approximately 6-8 hours. Participants will have access to the training platform for 3 weeks, giving plenty of flexibility to comfortably fit learning around other commitments.
- Access to learning platform: 12 – 29 July
- Participants will need to successfully complete this part before proceeding to part 2.
Part 2: 3-day trainer-led training on Zoom
The second part of the training will focus on practicing the skills that facilitators need to run groupwork with perpetrators.
- Trainers: Binah Taylor and Damian Carnell, both have significant experience in the delivery and development of work with domestic abuse perpetrators.
- Part 2 will be highly interactive and participatory, using a variety of training techniques and tools, video clips, case studies, re-enactment, and role-play to strengthen practice skills.
- Dates: Tuesday 3, Wednesday 4, Thursday 5 August; 9.30 – 16.00 each day
Special promotion: 30% off
-Respect members: £504 inc. VAT, for debit/credit card payments (original price £720)
-Non-members: £735 inc. VAT, for debit/credit card payments (original price £1,050)