Training course overview
This course will encourage participants to actively reflect on culture, increase understanding on how to engage with effective cross-cultural work with perpetrators of domestic abuse and interrogate cultural biases and barriers that feed into practice.
What will I learn?
Participants will learn how to understand, work with and across different cultures. They will also consider the diverse ways by which culture influences practice.
The course aims to increase awareness and help participants to:
- Understand the concerns and difficulties related to working cross-culturally in domestic violence intervention work
- Explore the relationship between culture and other factors influencing clients’ use and justifications for domestic violence
- Understand how increased cultural awareness can prevent unintentional victim blaming
Use practices to motivate clients to choose to change dangerous and abusive behaviours while supporting their right to maintain a sense of cultural identity
- Develop appropriate and holistic responses which respect service users‘ right to a cultural identity
This course is aimed at:
- Practitioners working with domestic violence perpetrators
- Practitioners working with victims/survivors
- Frontline workers who want to understand the impact culture has on those affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Frontline Workers with a basic understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and abuse
Wednesday 19 October (9.30 – 16.00)
Participants must attend every full day to complete training and to receive a certificate
Online, via Zoom
Credit/debit card payment: £144 (£120 + VAT)
Manual payment instruction: £151.20 (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies - payment must be received before the training starts
Credit/debit card payment: £210 (£175 + VAT)
Manual payment instruction: £220.50 (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies -
Payment must be received before the training starts, please contact [email protected] to pay via invoice
If you wish to cancel training tickets you have booked, you understand that the following cancellation terms apply:
Cancellation within one week of the training date: Full charge
Cancellation within two weeks of the training date: 50% charge
Cancellation within one month of the training date: 25% charge
Please note that we are not able to hold places for members of staff before payment is received.
If you wish to pay manually, or if you have any queries, please email [email protected]