Part 1 - essential knowledge
Self-paced online learning (assessed)
- This part of the training will provide a deep understanding of perpetrator work, focusing on context, as well as introducing concepts and tools, and using quizzes and videos
- Online study and assessment will take approximately 6-8 hours.
- Participants will have access to the training platform for 3 weeks, giving plenty of flexibility to comfortably fit learning around other commitments.
After completing Part 1, participants will be eligible to complete Part 2 (see below for dates)
Part 1 access and assessment
Participants will have access to the online learning platform for 3 weeks from the date of purchase.
Part 1 is assessed. Participants must complete part 1 and be successfully assessed before proceeding to part 2.
Certificates of successful completion will be issued only to those who pass the online assessment.Part 2 upcoming dates
Please note that from January 2022 part 2 will be a 4-day course. We will be adding a 4th date for the January course very soon.
Aims of part 1 and part 2
To increase knowledge, skills and confidence in order to facilitate groupwork intervention with men who perpetrate domestic abuse against women.
Objectives of part 1 and part 2
- To explore domestic abuse intervention within a women’s and children’s safety and rights framework
- To understand a gendered focus as central to group work with men and the ability to deliver practice that meets the Respect Standard
- To provide skills that hold men to account for their abusive behaviour while motivating change to support respectful beliefs and behaviours
- To be able to assess suitability and risk issues within domestic abuse work
- To provide examples of resources and structured sessions for use in groupwork with men
-Credit/debit card payment: £144 inc. VAT
-Manual payment instruction: £151.20 inc. VAT (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies - payment must be received before the training starts).
-Credit/debit card payment: £210 inc. VAT
-Manual payment instruction: £220.50 (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies - payment must be received before the training starts)
If you wish to pay manually, or if you have any queries, please email [email protected]