Training course overview
This hands-on 3-day training course will give you the confidence and skills to offer responsive and trauma-informed support to survivors of domestic abuse as part of the Integrated Support Service.
This training will equip participants with a thorough understanding of the Integrated Support Service, and a deeper knowledge of domestic abuse, trauma and recovery within the context of the domestic violence perpetrator programme.
This training is interactive, and uses a range of media, practical exercises, and discussion to give participants a “toolkit” of skills and knowledge based on evidence-based practice and recent theory. This is also an excellent 'refresher' for experienced Integrated Support practitioners.
By the end of the training you will have:
- Learnt techniques for Proactive Contact, and how to get the best out of Case Management.
- Gained an understanding of the Respect Standards for Practice.
- Become able to talk to survivors about the programme, empowering them whilst managing their expectations.
- Practiced your advocacy skills with other agencies, learning how to respectfully challenge victim blaming.
- Practiced helping survivors to “join the dots” and understand the dynamics of domestic abuse
- Understood and be able to use a range of risk assessment models, respond to changes in risk and safety plan accordingly.
- Practiced supporting survivors at different stages of their recovery, using recovery models and theory to conceptualise their experiences.
- Learnt the physiological manifestations of trauma, and learnt to use a range of grounding and relaxation techniques.
Practitioners with a range of experience who are currently working - or who would like to start working - in the Integrated Support Service. An in-depth understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and abuse is essential.
Dates: 27, 28, 29 June 2023 (09:30-16:00 each day). Participants must attend every full day to complete training.
Where Via Zoom
Credit/debit card payment: £470
Manual payment instruction: £494 (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies - payment must be received before the training starts, please contact [email protected] to pay via invoice)
Credit/debit card payment: £568
Manual payment instruction: £597 (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies - payment must be received before the training starts, please contact [email protected] to pay via invoice)
If you wish to cancel training tickets you have booked, you understand that the following cancellation terms apply :
Cancellation within one week of the training date: Full charge
Cancellation within two weeks of the training date: 50% charge
Cancellation within one month of the training date: 25% charge
Please note that we are not able to hold places for members of staff before payment is received.
If you wish to pay manually, or if you have any queries, please email [email protected]