Training course overview
At Respect our Sector Support Team aims to identify the learning and development needs of the sector and respond to them in order to support and upskill our members. We have received feedback when running our other courses that staff have found the sexual respect content particularly useful. This is a particularly challenging module to deliver, and we felt that it warranted a full day in order to equip staff with skills and confidence in this area.
This hands-on 1-day course will give you the confidence and skills to facilitate the sexual respect module of a DVPP safely and effectively.
This training will equip participants with a thorough understanding of the sexual respect module, and best practice for delivering this within the context of the domestic violence perpetrator programme.
This training is interactive, and uses a range of media, practical exercises, and discussion to give participants a “toolkit” of skills and knowledge based on evidence-based practice and recent theory. This course aims to give practitioners of all levels increased confidence in facilitating the sexual respect modules of a DVPP. It is particularly suitable for experienced staff to complement more general group facilitation training courses they may already have attended.
By the end of the training you will have:
- Gained an understanding of how sexual abuse occurs as part of domestic abuse and the different typologies of sexual abuse.
- Prepared for the common pitfalls that may arise when delivering this module and rehearsed responding to these when they arise.
- Explored the the dynamics of gender between facilitators
- Gained a thorough grounding in the British context including exploring up to date research and knowing how to counter rape myths
- Practiced delivering sexual respect group exercises
- Been familiarised with a range of models and tools to support the facilitation of the sexual respect module
- Increased confidence teaching consent
Practitioners with a range of experience currently working as facilitators for a DVPP. Particularly suitable for experienced staff members.
14 November (9.30 – 16.00)
Participants must attend the entire day to complete training and to receive a certificate
Online, via Zoom
Respect member WITH 15% OFF OFFER
Credit/debit card payment: £134 (original price £158)
Manual payment instruction: £141 (original price £166 (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies - payment must be received before the training starts)
Please contact [email protected] to pay via invoice)
Credit/debit card payment: £196 (original price of £231)
Manual payment instruction: £206 (original price of £243)
Payment must be received before the training starts, please contact [email protected]to pay via invoice
If you wish to cancel training tickets you have booked, you understand that the following cancellation terms apply:
Cancellation within one week of the training date: Full charge
Cancellation within two weeks of the training date: 50% charge
Cancellation within one month of the training date: 25% charge
If you wish to pay manually, or if you have any queries, please email [email protected]