This training will equip participants with an understanding of domestic abuse dynamics, risk and risk assessment, gender, perpetrator presentations and typologies. We will explore best practice for engaging perpetrators without collusion, and working through minimisation, denial and blame using motivational interviewing skills. We will learn the principles for effective multi-agency working and information sharing in order to effectively hold perpetrators to account.
This course will improve the confidence and skills of practitioners who encounter perpetrators who may be in denial or resistant to working on or discussing their abusive behaviour. Practitioners will learn how to use a toolkit of skills taught on the course to effectively engage perpetrators and increase readiness and motivation for change.
This training has been CPD certified.
By attending this training, learners will:
- Have gained an increased knowledge of domestic abuse dynamics.
- Understand the impact of gender norms on experiences of DA and DA perpetration
- Know how risk is assessed and how to spot risk factors
- Gain an understanding of the different presentations and typologies of DA
- Gain confidence in working with dual allegations
- Gain skills to counter minimisation, denial and blame
- Have an increased knowledge of best practice in holding perpetrators to account
- Gain knowledge of best practice in multi-agency collaboration and information sharing
- Have increased confidence in talking to perpetrators using motivational interviewing
Who this course is for
This course is perfect for professionals who may encounter perpetrators such as social workers, police officers, housing officers, probation officers, VAWG or MARAC coordinators, and people who work in education or the NHS.
19th and 20th September 2023 (9.30 – 16.00 each day)
Participants must attend every full day to complete training and to receive a certificate
Online, via Zoom
Credit/debit card payment: £297 (£247.50 + VAT)
Manual payment instruction: £312 (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies - payment must be received before the training starts, please contact [email protected] to pay via invoice)
Credit/debit card payment: £519 (£432.50 + VAT)
Manual payment instruction: £545 (a 5% surcharge for administration time applies - payment must be received before the training starts, please contact [email protected] to pay via invoice)
If you wish to cancel training tickets you have booked, you understand that the following cancellation terms apply:
Cancellation within one week of the training date: Full charge
Cancellation within two weeks of the training date: 50% charge
Cancellation within one month of the training date: 25% charge
Please note that we are not able to hold places for members of staff before payment is received.
If you wish to pay manually, or if you have any queries, please email [email protected]