EXIT SITESafe & Together is designed to support children and family services and surrounding systems to improve the response to domestic abuse. Respect, with the London Boroughs of Waltham Forest and Hackney have formed a partnership to implement the Safe & Together Model.
Safe & Together is premised around the principles of:
- Keeping children safe and together with non-offending parent
- Parenting with non-offending parent as a default position
- Intervening with perpetrator to reduce risk and harm to child
The London Safe and Together Partnership is a systems change approach to modernise and improve the response to domestic abuse across all the staff in children’s services and their partner agencies. Waltham Forest and Hackney have committed to this system change approach at a political and senior management level.
Respect’s role is to:
- Provide an Implementation Lead who will support both local authorities with embedding the model
- Support practitioners in both boroughs with using the model in their practice
- Monitor the progress of the project through continuous case file audits and evaluating social care data
Safe & Together core training is a starting point for the wider implementation process and getting that implementation process right is what makes change sustainable. For more information on training, events or progress so far, contact [email protected]